Your privacy is important to us, and so is being transparent about how we collect, use, and share information about you. This policy is intended to help you understand:
- What information we collect about you
- How we use information we collect
- How we store and secure information we collect
- How long we keep information
- How to access and control your information
When we refer to "Stewart Golf," "we," or "us" in this policy, we mean Stewart Golf Ltd: company registration number 04993489.
We collect information about you when you provide it to us, when you buy a product on our website or over the telephone, when you register a warranty and when other companies provide it to us, as further described below:
What information we collect about you
- Account and Profile Information: we collect information about you when you register for an account on our website, create or modify your profile, set preferences, sign-up for or make purchases through our website or on the telephone.
- Payment Information: We collect certain payment and billing information when you purchase goods or services from us. If you provide payment information such as payment card details, these are used to collect funds via secure payment processing services but are not retained subsequently.
- Device and Connection Information: we collect information about your computer, phone, tablet, or other devices you use to access our website. We also collect information through your device about your operating system, browser type, IP address, URLs of referring/exit pages and device identifiers. We use your IP address and/or country preference in order to approximate your location to provide you with a better experience. How much of this information we collect depends on the type and settings of the device you use to access the website.
How we use information we collect
How we use the information we collect depends in part on which goods and services you buy from us, how you use them, and any preferences you have communicated to us. Below are the specific purposes for which we use the information we collect about you:
- To provide goods and services: We use information about you to provide the goods or services you have bought from us to you, including to process transactions with you, authenticate you when you log in to our website and to provide customer support.
- To communicate with you: We use your contact information to send transactional communications via email, including confirming your purchases, responding to your comments, questions and requests, providing customer support, and sending you technical notices, updates, security alerts, and administrative messages.
- To market, promote, and drive engagement with Stewart Golf: We use your contact information and information about what Stewart Golf products you own to send promotional communications that may be of specific interest to you, including by email as well as on platforms like Facebook and Google. These communications are aimed at maximising what you get out of your Stewart Golf products, including information about new features and tips on getting the best Stewart Golf experience. We also communicate with you about new product offers, promotions and competitions. You can control whether you receive these communications.
- Customer support: We use your information to resolve technical issues you encounter and to respond to your requests for assistance.
- To protect our legitimate business interests and legal rights: Where required by law or where we believe it is necessary to protect our legal rights, interests and the interests of others, we use information about you in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory, and audit functions, and disclosures in connection with the acquisition, merger or sale of a business.
- With your consent: We use information about you where you have given us consent to do so for a specific purpose not listed above. For example, we may publish testimonials or featured customer stories to promote Stewart Golf, but always only with your permission.
- Legal bases for processing (for EEA users): If you are an individual in the European Economic Area (EEA), we collect and process information about you only where we have legal bases for doing so under applicable EU laws.
How we store and secure information we collect
We use data hosting service providers in the United Kingdom, United States and elsewhere to host the information we collect, and we use technical measures to secure your data. While we implement safeguards designed to protect your information, no security system is impenetrable and due to the inherent nature of the Internet, we cannot guarantee that data, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our systems or otherwise in our care, is absolutely safe from intrusion by others. We will respond to requests about this within a reasonable timeframe.
How long we keep information
How long we keep information we collect about you depends on the type of information. After such time, we will either delete or anonymise your information or, if this is not possible (for example, because the information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your information and isolate it from any further use until deletion is possible.
We retain your account information until you delete your account. We also retain some of your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, to enforce our agreements, to support business operations and to continue to develop and improve our products.
If you have elected to receive marketing emails from us, we retain information about your marketing preferences unless you specifically ask us to delete such information. We retain information derived from cookies and other tracking technologies for a reasonable period of time from the date such information was created.
How to access and control your information
You have the right to request a copy of your information, to object to our use of your information (including for marketing purposes), to request the deletion or restriction of your information, or to request your information in a structured, electronic format. You may contact us at any time to request assistance.
You may opt out of receiving promotional email communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within our website, or by contacting us to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database. Even after you opt out from receiving promotional messages from us, you will continue to receive transactional messages from us regarding purchases.
Your information is controlled by Stewart Golf. If you have questions or concerns about how your information is handled, please direct your inquiry to us at Stewart Golf Ltd, Edison Close, Waterwells Business Park, Quedgeley, Gloucester GL2 2FN or via email to email@example.com.