The X9 Follow is the latest generation of the multi-award winning X-Series from Stewart Golf. Originally launched in 2003 as the X1 Remote, the X-Series is recognised as one of the world's finest remote controlled machines.
The X9 Follow is specifically designed as a Follow golf trolley, but as well as its “Follow” mode, the X9 Follow also comes with full remote control functionality that existing customers will be familiar with.
• Bluetooth Technology
• Rechargeable Lithium Handset
• Complete Remote Functionality
• Downhill Braking
• Integrated Stabiliser
• V3 Wheel Set (non-metallic)
• Quick release rear wheels
• Lithium Battery & Charger
• Warranty: 24 months
• Towel Clip
• Scorecard Holder & Pencil Clip
• Three golf ball holders
• Four tee holders
• Unique serial number plaque
• Adjustable handset cradle
• Anti-rotation bag straps
• Quick release strap handles
Want to demo the X9 Follow?
The X9 Follow is now available to demo from either of the American Golf tour trucks. Covering the whole of the country you can now try out the X9 Follow in your local American Golf store.
To find out when the tour truck is in a store near you click here.
How It Works
The Follow system
In addition to the bluetooth electronics system, there are two further antennas that power the X9 Follow.
Mounted on each of the rear motors, the two antennas work together to create two zones; a neutral zone and an active zone.
When the handset is inside the neutral zone, the X9 Follow will remain stationary. As the handset enters the active zone, the X9 Follow's electronics system will automatically & independently alter the speed of each rear motor to keep its pace. When the golfer (and therefore the handset) come to a stop, the X9 Follow will continue until the handset is back inside the neutral zone when it will also stop. The effect is that of digital elastic band, which stretches and contracts as you walk.
• Practically the system is designed to be as user friendly as possible, so use is as simple as:
• Press the green 'follow' button and walk in front of the X9 Follow. The machine will fall in behind you and keep your walking pace.
• When you reach your ball & stop, the X9 Follow will also stop.
• Put the handset on the cradle, select your club and take your shot.
• Replace your club, put the handset back on your back pocket/belt and resume walking.
• The X9 Follow will again pick up your pace.
• If you stop for any reason (such as to let another player take a shot), the X9 Follow will stop behind you automatically. When you are ready, just start walking again and the X9 Follow will start again automatically.
When you are approaching the tee or finding your ball in the long grass you may want to switch your X9 Follow into remote mode so you can send it off in your desired direction.
To switch to remote mode all you have to do is press any of the directional buttons on the handset and full remote control functionality will be available. From up to 50m you can speed the machine up and down, steer it left or right and stop it using either the orange 'glide stop' or red 'emergency stop' buttons. If you prefer to have the machine in front of you sometimes, you have the option of setting two 'cruise control' speeds to suit your walking pace.
Once you are back in the Active Zone, you can switch back to Follow mode by pressing the green Follow button.
In car parks or on paths, place the handset onto the cradle and set the trolley to travel at a constant speed by pressing either the forward button or one of the programmable cruise control buttons.
Using this method of steering over Remote or Follow will give you greater control over the trolley, ensuring you avoid any accidental collisions.
Dimensions & Weight
With rear wheels
Without rear wheels
X9 Follow: 14.1kg
Battery & Charger: 3kg
12V microprocessor control
Bluetooth Class 1
LED on rear cover
Battery & Charger
2 year warranty
Size: 185 x 180 x 80mm
Power: 2 x 190 watts
Speed: 1500-1800 rpm
Single piece steel body
Aluminium end casings
Replaceable carbon brushes
Sealed for life
Steel worm shaft
CNC machined aluminium housing
Cushioned 3-piece coupling
Steel output shaft with 2 ball-bearings
4 way drive
EXTENDED CAPACITY 30AH BATTERY SPECIFICATION (OPTIONAL)
Type: LiFePO4 (Lithium Phosphate)
Voltage: 12 Volts nominal
Capacity: 30 Amp hour
Life: More than 250 cycles (see below)
Warranty: 2 years
Management: Internal integrated cell management system
Connection: Output Torberry
Accessories: Quality fitted soft-touch protection bag
Charger: Input 100/240V, 50/60 Hz Output 14.6V, 5 Amp
Charger Time: Up to 7 hours
Size: 155mm x 70mm x 50mm ( 6.1” x 2.7” x 2.0”)
• In laboratory conditions over 250 simulated golf cycles, the battery can be expected to lose 15% capacity.
• The battery can be expect to lose 2-3% capacity per year through cell degradation, compared with a lead/acid battery which can lose 8-9% per year.
• During testing of the battery with the Stewart Golf X-Series , its average use was 12-15Ah of the 20Ah battery per round of golf.
For a limited time only we are offering you the chance to part exchange your X-Series or F1 Lithium trolley for a brand new X9 Follow. Regardless of the age or condition, if your trolley works we will give you a fixed value for your machine. The amounts are outlined below.
When your new trolley arrives we would advise using the box to pack your old trolley up to send in to us. All part exchange values will be returned upon receipt of the trolley. If you would prefer Stewart Golf to collect your trolley this can be done at a cost of £20. Collections from outside the UK will be charged at £40. Collections can be made from Monday to Friday.
Part Exchange values:
X5 Remote: £300
X7 Lithium: £350
X9 Remote: £425
X9 Follow: £500
F1 Lithium: £300
If your trolley has a Lead Acid battery we do not require your old battery back in return however if it has a Lithium Battery please put this in the box with the trolley prior to collection. Part Exchange values will be refunded on receipt of your trolley.